Wednesday, January 10, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 2 Favorite Photo

The theme for this week is Favorite Photo.


This picture is of my Grandmother, Mamie McGuigan Mathews and her friends.  This photo was taken sometime between the time she came to America from Ireland in 1897 and the time she got married in 1909.







Mamie worked and lived at a hotel on Broadway in Manhattan, New York until she married and then lived on 73rd Street in New York City.  I have no idea where this was taken.  There are so many parks in the city, it could be anyone of them.  I have tried to see which ones had swing sets like this but haven’t found any photos showing swing sets in parks.  Always checking and hope to come up with an answer.




I was told by a cousin of my father that this is Mamie.  I just love how dressed up they all are but Mamie looks so serious, I wonder if she is having any fun!

#52Ancestors





No comments:

Post a Comment