Friday, January 19, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 3 Longevity

Blogger Amy Johnson Crowe started this 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks because family history is better when it’s shared.  This is a series of prompts to help share discoveries I’ve made in my genealogy.
This week’s prompt is Longevity!

Our anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and  I thought I would see if anyone in my family tree was married longer than us.  Of the people I have marriage dates for there were not many that even made it to 50 years.  We will be married 54 years.

My  3rd Great Grandparents, Tristram and Thankful Moore were married from 1802 until 1864 in Moore’s Mills, New Brunswick, Canada for 62 years.  Also, my Grandparents, John and Isabella Moore from 1918 until 1980 for 62 years.  No one in between those dates were married that long or even close on that side of either of my family lines.

My husband’s family has his Grandparents, Thomas and Florence Murphy, married from 1904 until 1958 for 54 years.  Also, his aunt and uncle, Frank and Florence Wipf were married from 1929 until 1987, 58 years.

I was thinking that nowadays things make being married a little easier with better medicines and healthier life styles, but there are my 3rd Great Grandparents in the early 1800’s who made it 62 years married.  I guess they were made of stronger Irish and Scots stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment