Thursday, August 7, 2014

BRIDGET MC GUIGAN #31 52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS




Bridget McGuigan is the youngest sister of my Grandmother Mamie McGuigan Mathews.  She was born in Middletown, Armagh, Ireland on February 25, 1880.  Her parents were Thomas and Ann (Mallon) McGuigan.

 

I don’t really know much about her.  I was told she ran a B & B in Dublin with her husband.

 

I found a marriage record for Bridget McGuigan and her husband John Gormley dated July 25, 1905 in Armagh County Ireland.  I have not been able to find her family in the 1911 Irish Census but did get the names of her children from a cousin years ago.

 

I don’t know the birth order of Bridget’s children, I was hoping to see that on the census record.  I will keep trying to locate them.  The children are Mary Ann, Katey, Owen, James, Patrick and Alice.

 

I do have her prayer card from when she died which has a photo on it.  Unfortunately, it doesn’t copy well.  The following is what is written on the prayer card.

 

Sacred Heart of Jesus

 have mercy on the soul of

 BRIDGET GORMLEY,

 “Rannafast”

 85, Old Cabra Road, Dublin 7

Who died on

 10th November 1965

  Aged 85 years

    R.I. P.

    Sweet Jesus, Have Mercy on Her Soul

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment