Thursday, November 18, 2010

Searching Cemetery Listings and Death Records

I have decided to use this blog to show my research methods.  I have many brick walls and hope this will help in seeking out the lost relatives.

I received a death record indicating the relative was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Brooklyn, New York.  I called the cemetery and was very surprised to find there were 14 people buried in the grave site.  The wonderful person at the office was kind enough to read off all the information for the 14 people.  There are great people out there who are willing to help, you just have to ask.

I am now going to send to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City for copies of all the death certificates.

I am looking for information on the wife's family and hope there might be a clue in one of the records.

No comments:

Post a Comment