Friday, September 29, 2023

 52 Ancestors 52 Weeks - Longevity


I have in my family several Marriages that lasted into 60+ years.  I also have some relatives who lived 90+ years.


Most of my relatives who died in their 90’s are from my Grandparents generation.  My Grandmother, Isabella Tierney Moore died at age 90.  Her sister Frances Tierney Miller died at age 92 and her other sister, May Tierney Newman died at 98.


My Grandfather, John Nelson Moore, husband of Isabella, died at 91 and his sister Mary Moore Cosgrove died at 97.


Unfortunately, none of the next generation lived into the 90’s.


On my husband’s side of the family his mother’s generation had 3 sisters who made it into their 90’s.  Florence Wipf died at age 98.  Another sister Valentine Zito died at age 96 and the other sister Anna Galligan died at age 93.


My husband and I will celebrate our 60th anniversary next February so we will join the longevity club of marriages in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment