Saturday, February 16, 2019

52Ancestors 52Weeks – Family Photo





Blogger Amy Johnson Crow has challenged us with writing about an Ancestor once a week for the year 2019.  She will give us prompts to get us started.  This week's prompt is Family Photo.





The Tierney Family Photo.






This family photo came into my possession after my grandmother died in 1980.  My grandmother, Isabel C. Tierney Moore is the girl in the middle in white.  I was told by her son, my uncle, John Moore that the women seated on the right is my grandmother’s Aunt Kitty. Aunt Kitty never married and didn’t have any children of her own.

This photo would have been taken sometime late 1900 or 1901.  The girl on the right in white was born August 1898 and looks to be about 2 or 3.

The two girls dressed in black in the middle, left to right are Frances (Frankie), and Mary (May).  The three girls in white from left to right are Rosalie, Isabel and Alice. These are the sisters that I grew up knowing.  I have not been able to find names for the girl in black on the left and the two boys on the right. The only boy in the Tierney family was John and he died in 1896.

Aunt Kitty (Katherine Delaney) was in the photo because her sister, Margaret the mother of the girls died in February 1900 and the father died in 1901.  She took over the care of all the children.   I do know that Aunt Kitty’s other sister Alice died in 1896 so possibly these are some of her children too.

I am always asking relatives if they know any more about the picture.  It is the only one that I have of my grandmother as a child and would love to know more about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment