Saturday, February 10, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 6 Favorite Name

Blogger Amy Johnson Crowe started this 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks because family history is better when it’s shared.  This is a series of prompts to help share discoveries I’ve made in my genealogy.

This week’s prompt is Favorite Name!



We are a family of plain names like Mary, Elizabeth and Catherine.  So, coming up with a favorite name that was special and unusual I had to look back into the 1700’s.

My favorite name is of my 3rd Great Grandmother, Thankful Foster Moore.  She was born in Machias, Maine in 1783 to Benjamin and Ruth Foster.  She married Tristram Moore in 1802 in Moore’s Mill, Canada and died there in 1868.

The name Thankful was a very popular Puritan name but I don’t believe the family were Puritans.   I don’t know why she was given this name, her sisters were Susan, Sally and Lettie.  I guess that her parents were just very thankful when she was born.



#52Ancestors

No comments:

Post a Comment