Friday, June 20, 2014

MARTHA PARDUE #24 52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS


 

 



 

 

In January 2014, Amy Johnson Crow of the Ancestry blog No Story Too Small issued the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge.

The premise: write once a week about a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, a research problem — any that focuses on that one ancestor. The next week, write about a different ancestor. In 52 weeks, you’ll have taken a closer look at 52 people in your family tree… and maybe learned a little bit more about them in the process

 

 

 

I believe Martha Pardue is my maternal 2nd great grandmother.

 

The only document I find her name on is her daughter, Genevieve's

death certificate dated June 11, 1936.  I believe the information was given by my grandfather, John N. Moore, her son.

 

The death certificate stated her parents as John Counts and Martha Pardue.  I found the marriage certificate for John Counts and Martha Pardue in Savannah, Georgia dated February 15,1864 and the date fits with Genevieve's birth date of December 1, 1864 which I also got from the death certificate.

 

I have not found any documents, birth or census of John Counts with his wife Martha or their child Genevieve.  I find Genevieve in census records after she got married in 1885 in Savannah, Georgia to Tristram Moore.  I find John Counts in census records after he remarries in 1881 to Sarah Fitzpatrick.  I do not find Martha Pardue Counts in any census, or death records.  I have checked in Georgia where they were living when they married, and South Carolina which is right across the river from Savannah.

 

I will keep searching. I hope maybe some other family is researching the same family and has information on this Martha.

 

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment